"Welcome to my blog space. I believe that God has carefully placed gems in our paths to fill our days with joy. The challenge for us is to take the time to notice them. My desire is to share the gems in my life so that, hopefully, you will see the ones He's placed in yours. I hope what you read here will be worth your time and you'll want to return often." - Cathy

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Clearing a Path Through the Weeds

Welcome to Thursday Thoughts. Today I am introducing you to my new friend from Australia, Madeleine Calcutt. Her piece is in response to the premise for this blog space:

          "Welcome to my blog space. I believe that God has carefully placed gems in our paths to fill our days with joy. The challenge for us is to take the time to notice them. My desire is to share the gems in my life so that, hopefully, you will see the ones He's placed in yours. I hope that what you read here will be worth your time and that you'll return often." - Cathy

Clearing a Path Through the Weeds
The finding of God's gems is a challenge.  It can be like the seed being thrown into thorns and weeds and it dies.  For some of us, the challenge is clearing a path through the weeds of negative reactions to bad things that happen throughout life; through the weeds of anxiety, doubt, depression and despair.  Our challenge is to find a way through all this. 

Jesus says He is the Way.  We must pick up our cross and follow Him.  We need all the encouragement we can get here in this world to overcome the obstacles the enemy puts in our way. Then we can be over-comers, and find God's gems of joy and peace.  Through the floods, through the fire, He is there with us.

Scriptures, God’s gems, that inspired the writing of this piece:
Luke 8: 14 (the parable of sowing the seed – God’s Word)
‘Now, the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares . . .’
John 14:16 (said to Thomas, the doubter)
‘Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.’
Mark 8:34
‘Jesus said, ‘Whoever decides to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me’.
Isaiah 43:2
‘When you pass through the waters I will be with you . . . when you walk through the fire you shall not get burned.’
Revelation 21:4
‘He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.’

(All Scriptures from the New King James version of the bible)


Madeleine is a freelance writer, editor and author of fiction books for children, teens and adults. Her children/young adult fiction is based on events in Australia’s history. Look for ‘All Aboard!: Jenny’s Story of the Mayflower Voyage” published in 2011. Madeleine lives in Victoria, Australia and you can find her on Facebook,  LinkedIn, and Amazon. 

*   *   *

No comments:

Post a Comment