"Welcome to my blog space. I believe that God has carefully placed gems in our paths to fill our days with joy. The challenge for us is to take the time to notice them. My desire is to share the gems in my life so that, hopefully, you will see the ones He's placed in yours. I hope what you read here will be worth your time and you'll want to return often." - Cathy

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Are You Hiding?


            


 “Are you hiding?” I asked my almost two year old great granddaughter. Her face lit up as she nodded yes. My thirteen year old granddaughter was teaching McKenna how to play Hide and Seek with her two five year old cousins. Much laughter poured out as little feet ran to hide, giggles from behind chairs gave away hiding places, and the pure delight of this ages old game triggered memories of younger years for the adults present.


              Hide and Seek nearly gave me heart failure twenty-five years ago. I was shopping with my three year old son and he decided to hide from me. I was frantic by the time I found him hiding under a rack of clothes. He was standing on the base of a round rack surrounded with dresses. Even moving the dresses to the side didn’t disclose his hiding place.

When he finally came out, all smiles I might add, and the scolding began he said, “I was just playing hide and seek.” I know you can imagine how upset I was when I couldn’t find him – upset enough to remember it all these years later.

Do you play an adult version of hide and seek? I’ve known people who join a large church so they can hide among the members. Others hide from relationships. Some try to hide life events or aspects of their personality because they fear rejection if exposed. Many try to hide from an all-seeing, all-knowing God.

Feel like you have to hide something or hide from something? Scary feeling, isn’t it? But I have good news. I made an awesome discovery last week while studying the book of Revelation in the Bible. Ready? Everything in the New Jerusalem is transparent.

The New Jerusalem
The gold paving stones used on the streets are so pure they are clear as glass. The twelve gems used to build the twelve layers of the walls of the city are so exquisite they are transparent.  There is nowhere to hide.

If that thought scares you, there is more great news. By this time God has sent Jesus to bring His children home. He has dried all our tears, calmed all our fears, and healed all our pain. The things of earth have passed away and all who have asked Jesus to be their Savior are living in peace and harmony with Him and other followers.

There is nowhere to hide, but there is no need to hide. Halleluiah! 

The only thing left to do is to make sure you’ve accepted Jesus as your Savior (see below). This act has long-range, eternal benefits.

I’m living a life of joy and expectancy. What about you?
Cathy



The A B C's of Salvation
Admit:
Admit to God that you are a sinner. Repent (turn away from) of your sin.
Romans 3 : 23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness."
Believe:
Trust that Jesus is God's Son and that God sent Jesus to save people from their sins.
John 3 : 16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever
believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Commit:
Give your life to Jesus. Ask Him to be your Lord and Savior.
Romans 10 : 9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

 

6 comments:

  1. Cathy, thank you for making it crystal clear that the New Jerusalem is transparent. I had forgotten that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing when I realized it. I had to share it with others. Just another in a long list of benefits in Heaven. Be blessed, Dear Lady!

      Delete
  2. Great analogy of children hiding from us in a game and us hiding from God. We think we're hiding, but the truth is that He sees everything anyway. And because He loves us, there's no reason to try to hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear from you, Ellen. I hope all is well with you. Thanks for the encouraging comments. Praying blessings over you and your writing.

      Delete
  3. Love the analogy. It will be great to never have to hide again. We will have total acceptance in heaven. God love will fill everything. Blessing on you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Jane! Blessings to you, too. I can't wait to spend eternity with Jesus and with you.

      Delete