"Welcome to my blog space. I believe that God has carefully placed gems in our paths to fill our days with joy. The challenge for us is to take the time to notice them. My desire is to share the gems in my life so that, hopefully, you will see the ones He's placed in yours. I hope what you read here will be worth your time and you'll want to return often." - Cathy

Saturday, January 23, 2016

O, Come, All Ye Faithful



Welcome to my Joyful Journey, 2016!


I know, I’m a little late with my greeting, but the new year slipped right on in, whether I was ready for it or not.

Shortly before the end of the year, when people were thinking about the new year looming ahead and making a list of resolutions, I got my instructions for marching ahead into 2016. Lots of times if God wants to speak to me, He’ll do it through a song. That day, I heard the Christmas carol, O Come All Ye Faithful, playing on the radio while I was driving toward town and the day’s errands. Here’s what I heard as the choir sang:


O, come, All Ye Faithful,

          Do you hear my call, my yearning to have you spend time with Me? Can I call you faithful? Will you come?


Joyful and triumphant!

          I have given you everything you need to approach life joyfully and triumphantly? Do you? My son’s death on the cross allows you to live life from a position of victory.


O, come, ye, oh, come ye to Bethlehem;

          The little town of Bethlehem was known in scripture as the House of Bread. Are you hungry, thirsty, lacking anything? Come to Me and I will supply all your needs. Stop your weeping, receive My blessing, anointing, refreshment, salvation.                  


Come and behold Him, Born the king of angels;

          Will you recognize My authority and worship Me?


O, come, let us adore him,

O, come, let us adore him,

O, come, let us adore him, Christ the Lord.

          This is worth repeating. When you focus your adoration on Me, everything about you is changed: your vision, your mind, your actions, your habits, your time.

Come, Faithful One, spend the year with Me. I will supply everything you need.



What about you, His faithful One? Will you scratch and dig yourself through another year or will you allow Him to change you into all He wants you to be?

He wants to spend time with us. He wants to provide all of our needs out of His great bounty. He wants to meet us in worship and adoration. And, yes, that adoration is mutual. He loves us.

You, O faithful One, are His favorite child! He is your best cheerleader.

Going out with joy today! I hope you are, too.

Cathy







O, Come, All Ye Faithful Copyright
Text: Attributed to John F. Wade c. 1711-1786; tr. Composite
Tune: Attributed to John F. Wade c. 1711-1786;

No comments:

Post a Comment