"Welcome to my blog space. I believe that God has carefully placed gems in our paths to fill our days with joy. The challenge for us is to take the time to notice them. My desire is to share the gems in my life so that, hopefully, you will see the ones He's placed in yours. I hope what you read here will be worth your time and you'll want to return often." - Cathy

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Day Eight of 2018, and I'm a Week Behind!


Happy New Year, dear Readers-

Does Running Behind
Count as Exercise?
It’s day eight of the brand-new year, and I am already a week behind. I started the year with some kind of evil virus that attached itself in the wee hours of the morning on December 29th and dragged me right into 2018. I’m almost back to 100% and, yesterday, was finally able to do some of the things I have on my January list (yes, I am a list maker).

I gave up making resolutions long years ago. It seemed like such a waste of pen and paper, and that’s a mouthful for a list maker to say. I do like having a word for the year though, and it’s amazing how the word I chose is woven throughout the whole year. It’s like having Jiminy Cricket resting on my shoulder whispering my word to me at opportune times.

The Lord has been dealing with me about this year’s word since mid-November. I’ve gotten lax in several areas and I’m counting on this year’s word to help me snap out of it.

And the word is: INTENTIONAL

I WILL be intentional with God. I want MORE of God this year. I aim to be intentional about the
Deep Study of the Scriptures
adds Depth to Life
time I spend alone with Him each day. I want to talk to Him more and dig deeper into the scriptures, not just surface read so I can check Bible Reading off my list.

I WILL be intentional about my health. I want to make better choices when I eat; more protein and veggies and water. I want to be aware of how much I move during the day and take steps (no pun intended!) to move more; park farther away from the door in parking lots, do some stretches throughout the day to overcome stiffness. I was running a 5K a couple of times a month but that fell by the wayside over last summer. I may not get back to that, but I’d like to be closer than I am right now.
Healthy Living

I WILL be intentional about my writing. I was so slack with my writing in 2017. I am mostly a seat-of-the-pants writer, not much on planning ahead. This year, I have a calendar where I have penciled in topics to write about in the next few weeks. I’ve lost hold of so many good writing ideas because I didn’t capture them somewhere and they escaped.

My plan is not to be too rigid with myself, but to have that word circulating in my consciousness reminding me gently that I have choices. I’d love for you to share your plan for 2018 with me and my other readers. Leave a comment. It might help us all.



Going out with joy today, thankful that I feel good-

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. What a great way for my end of the day. Your gift is evident. Hope tomorrow you have more to say and write. Happy Bday...ahead! Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy! Love and blessings to you this year.

      Delete
  2. Cathy, I love your word for the year. Over the years I have used integrity, consistency, and last year was endurance. I haven't prayed about this years and one hasn't entered my mind like years previous. I love lists too! I wish you well on your endeavors - intentions. Remember as I was once told at a retreat, "Sometimes disappointments are His appointments." When our lists of "to do"s get interrupted, look for ways God needed to use you. I look forward to read more of your blogs. You are Loved, acf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Your words of affirmation have encouraged me. Praying blessings over you for 2018.

      Delete
  3. Good Job my friend! So can I count on you to walk with me some now? Love you no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes! I hope we can walk together again soon. I love when we walk and pray together. Blessings to you, Sweet Friend!

      Delete
  4. Good luck! The year I chose that word, the most unintentional things happened to me! I won't scare you with details ... it's a fantastic word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, now you have me intrigued. Maybe you can share your experience with me sometime. I look forward to the adventure that 2018 holds in store. Thanks for stopping by, Brenda!

      Delete
  5. Intentional is just the word I need to hear! I've been unintentional about everything. The Holy Spirit will guide me as I do what you're doing, penciling in my ideas and writing something on them quickly (before they flit away), making sure I spend more with with God, discovering Him through prayer and studying His Word, and being even more diligent with my exercise and eating. Thanks for the loads of Joy you always bring.

    ReplyDelete